The 4th Annual Christmas Festival is coming quickly to kick off the holiday season in Seward so check your schedules and make sure to save the date for this wonderful holiday event!
Saturday, November 29th:
- 10:00am - on the Courthouse Square
- Santa Arrives
- Live Reindeer
- Fruitcake Toss
- 10:00am - Reindeer Games by Mueri Drug
- 10:00am - Grand opening of Indoor Winter Wonderland at 418 Seward St.
- 2:00-4:00pm - Family Fun at Olde Glory, 348 Jackson
- Horse & Wagon Rides sponsored by Zabka Funeral Home
- Kid’s Crafts & Treats
- Live Music in Olde Glory Theatre:
- 2:00 - 2:45 Joyfully Sing
- 3:00 - 3:30 Marble Violin Studio
- 3:30 - 4:00 Ellie Stark on the Piano
- 3:00pm - Ugly Sweater Contest Judging on the west side of the Civic Center (7th St.)
- No need to pre-register; No entry fee & loads of prizes!
- 4:00-4:20pm - Story Time at Chapters Books & Gifts
- 5:30pm - Lighted Christmas Parade! 1st & Seward to 14th
- 6:00-8:00pm - Santa will be in his house on the Square
If you would like to be a part of the parade with your own entry or by sponsoring a float or other activity during the season, see the forms below for more information. Other community sponsorships are also available. Join us in making our 4th Annual Christmas Festival a spectacular event this year!
Prior to the 29th, we will once again be having our Gingerbread Contest with a new category this year called, "Seward Structures". We thought it fitting to add this category to coincide with the parade theme, "There's No Place Like Home". This entry can be a replica of any type of Seward structure including businesses, store fronts, the theatre, or your very own home! Form a team and enjoy creating something together!
Other Area Events
- Sat., Nov. 29, 5:00pm - Dinner Theatre in Bee. Details
- Sun., Nov. 30, 2:00-7:00pm - Christmas in the Park in Beaver Crossing Click and scroll to the 2nd post from Nov. 5th
- Sun., Dec. 7, Milford Chrsitmas Celebration & Tour of Homes
- 4:30-6:00 p.m. Potato Bake, Wagon Rides, Live Nativity, Caroling
- 6:30 p.m. Christmas Tree Lighting
Rudolph's Red Nose Run
Come to Seward on Saturday, December 6th and be part of the 3rd Annual Rudolph's Red Nose Run, a 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run! The Chamber staff and other volunteers team up with Seward High School cross country coach, Kurt Holiday, to put on this fun event. We are adding two prizes this year....Best Rudolph Themed Costume and Best Overall Costume. Costumes are encouraged, but not required. Awards and cookies served after the race!
Visit Seward County
At the recent Nebraska Travel Conference, the Seward County Visitor's Committe and a two local businesses created promotional videos for our area. Follow the link to see the spot fromt he Visitor's Committee.
New Video Promotes Nebraska
The “World From Above” series has filmed gorgeous videos across the world from Brazil to the Middle East to Africa. The footage from Nebraska has been editorialized as what, “might be their most breathtaking work yet.”
Nebraska From Above
Update on Transforming Armory Into Military Museum
Rennovations and fundraising are underway to transform Seward's 1956 Armory into the Nebraska National Guard Museum. Officials are excited about the significant stories that will be told here.
Read the original announcement: Press Release. The renovation will be completed in three stages, with a celebration planned for July 4, 2015.